Thursday, June 4, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#123): The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson!


From Rafe's point-of-view

I spun, and there was Lia, pushing me up against the wall. "What are you doing here?" I said. "You can't -"

She drew my face to hers and kissed me, warm and long, her fingers raking through my wet hair, and her breathing heavy. I pulled away. "You have to leave. Someone might -" But then my mouth came down on hrs again, hard and hungry, sending a far different message than the one I was trying to convey. My hands slid around her waist, traveled up her back, soaking in all the lost time and days that I had wanted to hold her.

- ARC, page 244




THIS BOOK. I can't wait to read the third book! Rafe & Lia <3

16 comments:

  1. Holy moly, the sheer swoonosity of that scene was enough to make me, well, swoon!
    I haven’t read the first book yet, so I’ll probably have to read that one before getting to this scene, haha :P Can’t wait and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm glad you are impressed! You definitely should give this series a chance ;D

      Delete
  2. Ooooh boy!! I cannot wait to read this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm more excited to read this book now! Need a reread of the first one but I can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I'm glad to hear that! Binge-read the two, and then suffer with me while waiting for book three, Richa ^_^

      Delete
  4. I love those quick passionate kisses! Sure shut him up, huh?

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED THIS BOOK NOOOW. Can't wait!! Great teaser, love that Lia is the one to initiate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! About a month to go! And YES! I was very impressed and very pleased with her ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow that is an awesome swoon. I must get started on this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the heart and mind disagree...nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you loved this book. <3 Not loving the swoon, though :\ Probably because I can only think that I hated book one, lol. But yay for more swoons from you :D Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I'm sorry to hear that! But you're very welcome - and thank YOU!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!