Thursday, October 22, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#143): Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan!


"I'd like to kiss you, Raisa. Would that... would that be all right?"

There were reasons I should say no, I knew, but I couldn't bring a single one to mind.

In answer I leaned closer. He let out a surprised exhalation and pushed my hair back from my face, his eyes closing as he leaned in to kiss me. His fingers touched my neck, my shoulders, my arms, leaving a trail of fire.

We were both breathing heavily when the kiss ended. Mati stroked my face and told me that I was beautiful, and I said some quite embarrassing things back. In the pale glow of the lamp, with his warmth beside me, it was difficult to hold on to any thought for long. We kissed again. This time he pressed me down to the pillow and I lay pinned by his half weight on top of me.

- ARC, pages 58-59



Read why I think you should this book! The romance is definitely one of those reasons. ;) First kisses are always the most interesting, in my opinion. Thoughts on this one?

11 comments:

  1. Well, I'm convinced! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome! I was on the fence with this one but now I'm thinking I need it in my life. That was such a wonderful swoon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might LOVE this book, Teresa! You're very welcome!

      Delete
  3. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this, and honestly can't wait to start reading it! I've heard amazing things about it already, and it definitely looks like a fantastic addition to the fantasy genre. Great pick!

    Sophie @ Sophie Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, what a sweet kiss! And quite early on the book too! Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I like this kiss a lot :D Gorgeous teaser Alyssa. <3 Hugs. Thank you for sharing about it :) And oh my gosh! I'm behind on tweets. I shall reply to you today, promise :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I hope you enjoy the book - you better read it, now that I've dispelled some rumors. :)

      Delete
  6. Love first kisses! Books need romance- lots of romance!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!