Thursday, January 14, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#155): The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury!


I bury my hands in his dark hair, fingers knotting around those thick locks. Desire pulls at my stomach, and I lean into him, lifting one leg and wrapping it around his waist. He lifts me, and my other leg coils around him, my skirts sliding up my thighs, my back pressed against the column. 

His lips are soft and warm and gentle, underlined with barely restrained urgency. I cannot get enough of him. I pull his kurta over his head and let it fall on the floor. I press my hands against his bared chest, feel his heart against my palm, his lungs rising and falling. His shoulder is knotted with the scar from the arrow he took for me. He kisses me again, this time more strongly, and I run my hands down his jaw and neck, over his shoulders, the taut muscles of his back. 

He turns, without letting me go or breaking our kiss, and we tumble onto the soft divan. Aladdin holds himself over me, his abdomen clenched and his hair hanging across his forehead. His lips wander downward, to my chin, to the curve of my jaw, to my neck.

My hands are ravenous, exploring the planes and angles of his body. His fingers find mine, and our hands knit together. He raises them over my head, pressing them into the pillow beneath my hair, as his kisses trace my collarbone, and then he sinks lower, parting the buttons of my dress and pressing his lips to my bare stomach.

- eARC, pages 187-188


A longer one this week! I didn't want to cut it short. Doesn't that excerpt make you shiver?! This was one of my favorite scenes in the book! So well-written and perfectly representative of Aladdin and Zahra's relationship.

15 comments:

  1. Wow hot hot hot now I must try to check this book out! You always pick great and amazing swoon worthy quotes Alyssa lol :) Awesome post my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a swoon gal! It is making me want re-evaluate my idea of Aladdin (I may have to read this book).

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO READ THIS ONE, ANGELA! I knew you would like this swoon. ;D

      Delete
  3. Ooooh boy!! What a swoon! *fans self* I cannot wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is one heck of a swoon... *sigh*. The Forbidden Wish was already on my TBR list but now I'm even more desperate to read it! Thank you so much for sharing, Alyssa :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T it?! I hope you enjoy this one, Zareena!

      Delete
  5. AHHHH! I love love love love this swoon :D IT IS PERFECT. I just hope it doesn't end there, lol ;) But guessing it does. Sigh. But ohhh. It seems like it is early in the book too, from page numbers? :D Makes me very happy. <3 Thank you for sharing Alyssa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no - I can't say more than that. I strategically ended the scene though. ;D And to think, the 187 pages before this scene were quite swoony/steamy in a tension-building way! This is the first kiss between these two.

      You're very welcome! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! Things are heating up there! Awesome swoon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!