Thursday, September 15, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#190): Metaltown by Kristen Simmons


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Metaltown by Kristen Simmons!


His fingertip trailed down her cheek. She could feel his touch, even after his hand lowered.

"You're not what I expected," he said.

Before she could tell him that he wasn't what she had expected either, he lowered his head, and closed his eyes, and pressed his lips to hers.

She blinked rapidly, unable to breathe, unable to think. Her body went completely rigid, the only movement beneath her ribs, where her heart punched through the bones.

His hands slid slowly over her shoulders, down her straight arms to her bunched fists, and he lifted them and placed them behind his neck. She could feel him smile against her mouth, and then kiss her again, slowly, pulling lightly on her lower lip.

It was like colors she'd never seen, light, brighter than she'd ever known. It was new, and soft, and terrifying, and perfect.

[...] Her hands gripped his shoulders of their own accord, and her eyelids drifted closed. She followed his lead, parting her lips the way he did, gasping when his hands tangled in her hair. Her legs grew weak, and her body melted, and soon his skin, hard and warm, was pressed against hers and his hands were inching down her spine.

- eARC, pages 259-260




I loved this book! If you preorder, be sure to email Kristen to be entered to win very cool Metaltown swag. Details are HERE. And hey, if Metaltown doesn't seem like your thing, I highly recommend The Glass Arrow too. It was amazing!

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet but electrifying swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa seriously you're always reading the best books that have smoking hot scenes! I don't think I'd much about this book before I read your post, so I'll definitely be checking it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thank you, Jasprit! I wish I could feature a swoon from every book I read. :D I hope you enjoy this one, Jasprit!

      Delete
  3. Damn. I haven't heard of this book before but I am going to have to check it out now!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! Really? Definitely check out Simmons's books, Amber! <3

      Delete
  4. Oooh, those quotes are very swoony! I'll have to check this out, Alyssa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmph. I didn't like this swoon at all, haha :D I just didn't like the romance at all. Soooobs. But I love that you loved it. <3 Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!