Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (#236): Broken Battered Hearts by Kami Garcia


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Broken Battered Hearts by Kami Garcia
Publisher: Imprint
Publication Date: February 6, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

In this gritty, contemporary romance, an injured star athlete escapes to a small southern town after an abusive relationship leaves her reeling.

Before, Peyton was a star soccer player with the perfect boyfriend, Reed. Now, she has a torn knee ligament, a scholarship on the line, and a shattered sense of self. No one believes Reed pushed her, causing her injury, and Peyton just wants to leave the trauma behind. Living with her uncle and twin cousins in their small, football-obsessed town seems like a great escape plan. 

There, Peyton meets Owen—high school classmate and local MMA fighter. Though Owen is charming and gentle, Peyton is determined to repress her growing attraction. But when her old and new life collide, Peyton must reclaim the truth of her past in order to save her future. 

With southern charm, underground martial arts, and red-hot chemistry, Kami Garcia’s second contemporary romance will steal your breath away.



Woah, MMA fighter hero in YA lit. I'm in! I liked Kami Garcia's The Lovely Reckless and I'm very excited about this book!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome to hear Kami Garcia has a new book out soon. The description sounds nice too, and I wonder what the cover will look like!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I've only read one book by Kami Garcia - Beautiful Creatures – and this one sounds really different from that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo! I didn't know about this one, and I am really excited to hear about it. I love Garcia and 5-starred The Pretty Reckless. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Kami Garcia but I'm intrigued by the sound of this story! But I want to see the cover! I'm such a slave to book covers, I guess I need to have that visual to fully determine if it's a book I want to read. Is that shallow??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title of this book! Very catchy~~ I hope you love it as much as her last one :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one yet. I haven't checked out her Reckless series yet (so behind in reading) but I hope I can be ready for this one because yeah it sounds awesome! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, this is the first I've heard of this, but I am a Kami Garcia fan, so thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick Alyssa :D Fingers crossed you will love this book a whole bunch. <3 Maybe not for me, but curious about it, somewhat :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. GASP! I didn't know Kami was coming out with a new book! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I just want to offer you a big thumbs up for your great info you have right here on this post. I'll be coming back to your web site for more soon.
    bjj belt progression timeline

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!