Friday, August 18, 2017

Review: Compromised in Paradise by Samanthe Beck


Compromised in Paradise by Samanthe Beck
Book Three of the Compromise Me series
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Publication Date: August 28, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Stressed out hotel heiress Arden St. Sebastian is in Maui for one thing and one thing only. Work. But when the hottie at the bar buys her a drink to end all frilly umbrella-and-glow stick drinks, she can’t help but accept his unspoken invitation. When they get back to her villa, however, and the sexy moment of truth arrives, she can’t…quite…get there. Again.

ER resident Nick Bancroft can handle a night of fun, anonymous sex, but he draws the line at a fake orgasm. He makes his mystery woman a deal. He’ll take care of her little stress-induced orgasm problem if she’ll spend the next six days exploring the island with him, no questions asked. 

A week of island relaxation on the arm of the sexiest man she’s ever met? Arden’s game. As long as she keeps her identity secret, she’s got nothing to lose…except her heart.

What I Liked:

This book was sexy, humorous, and so fun! Out of all of Beck's books - most of which are sexy, humorous, and fun - this is probably the most fun story she has written. I'm very happy with the love story she gave Arden, who is an amazing young woman. I adored Nick Bancroft, more than I did in the previous books. Together, they made an excellent pair.

Arden St. Sebastian is looking for a little relief. She has been stressed about so many things, including her father nagging her and taking over her personal life after her last relationship went south. Arden works hard and loves her job, but sometimes she is so overwhelmed. A week in Maui at one of her father's hotel properties should do the trick... especially when she meets a sexy stranger who is definitely her type. Nick Bancroft is good at his job, and very good at sex. It's lust at first sight when he sees this mystery woman at a bar one evening, and one thing leads to another. They only have a few days together, but they are going to make it count. But what happens when it stops being just sex, and becomes more? What happens when they find out the truth about each other?

From the start, this book was flirty and fun and sexy. The pair meet at a bar, but they don't give each other their names. They don't know who each other is. What's wild is that Arden has a date in six days with the nephew of the former owners of the property - and Nick has a date in six days with the daughter of the new owner. Wild, right? But Arden and Nick have no idea about each other, because throughout all of their interactions in this book, they don't give each other their names. It's part of the fun, making up a ridiculous identity and having fun with it.

Arden is a hard worker, and constantly stressed. So the arrangement works for her. She's usually a fun person, when she isn't stressed and nagged. She loves the purely physical relationship she has with Nick (she knows him as Rider). 

Nick works hard at the hospital - he is a senior ER resident and he is looking to climb up the ranks. He doesn't do commitments, so meeting Arden is destiny. Nick is a good guy with a big heart. He is also charming, intense, and very sexy. He and Arden are great for each other, and they have a lot of fun together. 

This book is all kinds of hot! Seriously, this has to be one of Beck's hottest books. There are a few kinky scenes, but I liked them just fine. I don't read a ton of erotica (just sexy romance) but I don't think this book crosses into the erotica territory, though it toes the line. Nick and Arden have great chemistry and that leads to some very passionate, sexy scenes. Their dynamic works well, with Arden liking to be handled, and Nick being an alpha male who likes to please.

I liked how involved Beck gets when it comes to writing about the protagonists' jobs. We know the ins and outs of Arden's job, and Nick's job. Their jobs are important to them, and Beck makes it appear so to the readers. Beck doesn't just make Nick an ER resident because hot doctors make great male protagonists - no, she does her research and makes sure that we know he is an ER resident and his job isn't a prop or a simple role. Same with Arden and her job.

The climax isn't as drama-filled as some romance novels, though there is some miscommunication and a tiny bit of drama. But it really isn't bad. The book ends very well for the pair! It's a HEA and the epilogue is so cute. I'm not sure if this is the end of the series, but it fills like it. I would be okay with that! The ending is lovely, for all three couples. 

What I Did Not Like:

I can't think of anything specific! For once, I think this romance novel had the perfect amount of sexy times (usually that is my complaint with romance novels - they don't have enough). 

Would I Recommend It:

I highly recommend this book - or any of Beck's books - if you're looking for steamy contemporary romance that is also a little on the fun and humorous side! Nothing dark and heavy in her books, no angst and minimal drama. Beck is so creative with the characters, their jobs, their lives, their problems. She is also suuuuuper creative with the sexy times. The books are very, very hot, you are warned!

Rating:

4 stars. I can't wait to read a new Entangled Brazen book by this author - hopefully she has more coming! I've enjoyed her old Entangled Brazen books and her new ones, and I'll definitely be looking out for future ones. She is an auto-read author for me!


Was this review helpful? Please let me know in the comments section!

6 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've read a Samanthe Beck romance. I may have to change that soon. This one sounds like one that I would really love. Great review, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a fun premise, and I love the idea of a fun fling in paradise turned serious. I've read a few books by Samanthe Beck and enjoyed them, but for some reason I haven't picked up any of her recent stuff. I may need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where would romance be without miscommunication? :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love steamy contemporary romance that's also funny. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. I like a little humor in my romance. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh :D I'm glad you loved this one a lot. <3 Yess for enough sexy times, haha ;) And yay for it being such a fun book. <3 I do need more fun books too, sometime ;p Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!