Thursday, August 3, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#236): The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare!


"You're mine," he said hoarsely, lifting his head and staring deep into her eyes, willing her to believe. "If you leave, I will follow. Do you hear me. I will follow and find you and cart you home."

Lightning flashed, slicing through the dark. For the briefest of moments, everything was bright and clear. The alley around them, the sky above. The space between her body and his, and every emotion she wore so bravely on her face.

Just before they lost the moment to darkness, he crushed his mouth to hers, in a desperate kiss.

Then the force of thunder exploded through him, splitting him into a thousand pieces - some of which were surely driven into her, embedded as deeply as the metal shards that lodged beneath his scarred flesh. Impossible to retrieve.

Yes, she was his. But no bits of him were hers now, too.

- eARC, 73%




I looooooooove this scene. Ash and Emma are standing outside in the middle of a storm, so everything seems so much more dramatic. Plus, it is their first real kiss in a long time! (Kissing wasn't allowed according to Ash's rules, though other things... were.)

8 comments:

  1. ooh someone just broke the no kissing rule! (I jumped from Naomi's reading place)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swoon! A storm does make everything just a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wowzas! I love the caveman style line that he'd drag her home!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh a swoon that involves a storm?! Yep, I'm already in love. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pathetic fallacy though! This scene is making me even more excited to read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for lovely kissing scene :D And ohh, kissing in a storm. I love that :) Thank you for sharing Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh an amazing swoon worthy scene Alyssa. I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for the awesome post my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!