Thursday, March 15, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#268): The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin!


I placed my hands on his chest. His heart beat faster. His control was slipping.

Close.

I leaned closer, my hands moving lower down his stomach, my back arched above him. I kissed his throat. I heard a sharp intake of breath.

I smiled against his skin, moved my lips along his jaw, his throat, marveling at the point where the rough became smooth. My hands wandered slowly to his waist and he slid my dress up, his fingers hot on my bare skin, making me breathless. Making me ache. I pressed into him harder, my body bent, bowstring-tight over his. His mouth was just millimeters from mine.

"Fuck," he murmured against my lips. The feel, the word, sent a hot little shock through my spine. It skittered through my veins, danced through every nerve.

And then I brushed his lips with mine.

- Hardcover copy, pages 350-351




I'm almost finished with my read/reread of this series! I want to get started on The Retribution of Mara Dyer as soon as possible, so hopefully next week I'll feature a swoon from that book. I'm excited!

7 comments:

  1. Glass of ice water, please. :) Love the scene, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh definitely a swoony scene for sure! :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds very swoony!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew...I have seen this one around and it looks good.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one swoony (and steamy) excerpt. I love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very swoony. I still need to read this series. Glad you are enjoying your re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for awesome swoon :D Sigh. It's been too long since I read this book. Cannot wait to re-read it too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!